You Can Do This
- less alcohol - more tea
- less sugar - more fruits
- less meat - more vegetables
- less driving - more walking
- less worry - more sleep
- less anger - more laughter
- fewer words - more action
Brain - Healthy
Can you remember your best friend’s phone number, what you had for lunch, and names of familiar faces, what you need from the grocery store or where you left your car? Trying to remember can be emotional and stressful.
Being in the way of life that has become uninteresting and tiresome can cause brain cells to become lazy.
Recent studies concluded that you could give your brain workouts by gardening, putting together jigsaw puzzles, reading, thirty-minute walks and playing board games.
- Enhances visual perception
- Hones coordination
- Improves memory
- Develops critical thinking
- Increases production in the brain
- Heightens creativity
Your brain needs to exercise; needs to be challenged. Also, try eating a nutritious breakfast; studies show that kids who eat a nutritious breakfast do better in school; therefore, you would do better in your day-to-day living.
Cold drinks will coagulate the greasy food that you have just consumed. It will slow down the digestion by lining the intestine; creating more fat. Once this 'substance' reacts with the acid in your body; it will break down and be absorbed more rapidly than the solid food. The result is weight gain.
Drink room temperature water with your meals. Also, a cup of hot tea or coffee with dessert will keep it all flowing through you like clockwork.
The Chinese and Japanese drink hot tea with their meals; maybe it is time, we adopt their drinking and eating habits.
Living in a toxic environment means that;
- We are exposed to toxins regularly.
- It is impossible to avoid toxicity completely.
- The food we consume is filled with chemicals.
- Fortunately, our body consistently removes toxins.
There are two groups of toxins:
- Water-soluble toxins; are pushed through the kidneys and the blood.
- Fat-soluble toxins; are hard to be removed.
The liver is critical in this process. Also, though the digestive system and the detox pathways, these toxins can enter the blood, "fatty cells, and the brain from the liver. Furthermore, these toxins can linger in our body for years.
Loose stools, slime in the bowel, or constant constipation, it may be a sign of detoxification and pathways problem. Besides, if you experience pain or nausea after eating certain foods, it may mean that there is toxic fatty storage. Struggling with this problem may tell that you should consider taking proper responsibility for your health and pay close awareness to your diet.
There are foods which may help in the process of liver cleansing, such as garlic, green tea, grapefruit, carrots, apples, avocados, olive oil, lemons and limes, green leafy veggies, turmeric, walnuts, beets, and cabbage.
I have always believed if you take care of your feet, your feet will take care of you. It could be as simple as getting regular pedicures.
- Improves Foot Health
- Releases Stress
- Removes Foot Odour
- Prevents Ingrown Toenails
- Makes You Look Good
According to research, The Organs of your whole body possess their sensory pressures at the bottom of your foot; if you caress these points, you will find comfort from twinges, pain, and cramps. The heart is on the left foot. This subject is covered in extensive detail in Acupressure education or textbooks.
I believe that God created our organs so well that he imagined even this. He made us walk. Therefore, we will regularly be pressing on specific pressure points and henceforth keeping these organs stimulated at all times!
- Keep a good supply of different fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy milk, cheese and yogurt and lean proteins (chicken, pork, fish, or lean beef).
- Make a plan and keep a daily report of what you eat and drink.
- Consume foods from all five food groups. Strive to consume foods from each group throughout the day.
- No skipping meals. Regular, frequent meals and snacks provide a steady flow of energy to your brain.
- Monitor all Carbohydrates. Try to stick to ½ cup servings.
- Limit your sugar and saturated fat intake
- Limit alcoholic beverages to an occasional glass of wine.
"I had been having weak muscles, low energy, fatigue, shortness of breath, bone pain, and anxiety! Whew! Who knew? "Zippity-Do-Da Zippity-Eh, My oh My what a Wonderful Day! Plenty of Sunshine is coming my way,"... brought to me by "Prunes"! What a Wonderful Way!" Rosa Ann
Engage In Physical Activity Daily
Exercise is a necessity for good health, and those who do will receive the benefits. The difficulty of an aging body is a part of life. Staying fit all through life keeps your body;
- Healthy - physical challenges
- Looking good - weight management
- Active - Helps keep you doing the things you love.
There are many ways to improve our bodies. Here are a few;
- Take the advice of cats. Stretch when you wake up. Stretch to increase flexibility
- Warm up & cool down before and after physical activities to help your body transition more quickly.
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Stay hydrated - our bodies depend on it.
- Be as active as possible - walking does the body good.