Are You Writing a Book About Me
Is that juicy nugget of information about me nagging at you, begging you to release it to the rest of your friends and the rest of the world? Do you sense the urge to blab about me behind my back to make yourself little more attractive? It might appear to be a temptingly great idea at the time, to dump me right in the core of a humorous tale or an awkward moment. But will your friend think so? In fact, your friend will be examining your loyalty along with your shortage of tactfulness, wondering where the love you are supposed to have for your sister?
Some of the most excellent books are biographies and experiences that tell the life stories of other people. However, I don't want you telling my story. First of all, you don't have all the facts. Your stories about me are one-sided, offensive, and judgmental. Gossiping shows others your insecurity and mean-spiritedness.
Here is a tip! "Get a life" and stop talking about mine.
What Does The Bible say?
"God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with His powerful angels." 2 Thes. 1:6-7
Stop Talking About Me Behind My Back!
Gossip Hurts - Gossip is an unconstrained and often derogatory conversation about other people and can involve betraying a confidence and spreading sensitive information or judgments that are hurtful.
Is it always evil to talk about others? The answer is to view one’s intent in discussing another person and relationships.
If you talk about your friends, coworker, or a family member behind their back, imagine how it is inclined to make them feel. Before you drag along one more piece of information, pause and think about what you're doing. Then make an agreement with yourself to quit talking about people behind their back for good.
Speak No Evil
- Research shows that individuals who gossip the most have very high levels of anxiety.
- They are not particularly attractive because they can not be trusted.
- Broadcasting private information or contrary judgments is painful to others and reflects badly on the gossiper.
Why Do People Gossip? Facts!
- To feel superior - People who don’t feel good about themselves temporarily feel better when they judge others negatively.
- Out of boredom - When people can’t generate exciting discussions based on knowledge or ideas, gossip can rouse people’s interest.
- Out of envy - People gossip to hurt those whose popularity, talents, or lifestyle they envy.
- To feel like part of the group - People gossip to feel as though they belong to the group. When the base of acceptance being “in on a secret,” it is not based on a person’s identity. It is a maliciousness way to earn friendships.
- For attention - A person gets to be the center of attention temporarily while talking about somebody else's life. Spreading gossip or rumors is like demanding attention; it is unstable and has no foundation.
- Out of resentment or unhappiness - A person can derive a sense of retribution with remarks.
"It is sad how some people are so jealous and intimidated by you that they only have negative things to say when they know absolutely nothing about you."
"Those who talk about others have lots to hide about themselves."
"I don’t trust anyone who talks wrong about someone else to me; they probably talk behind my back too."
"For someone who hates my guts, you sure talk about me a lot! Love me or hate me, it’s still an obsession."
"Rumors: are carried by haters, spread by fools, and accepted by idiots."
"O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice deceiving!"
Bitter Sweet - Counterfeit Friends - Poison
Lots of times, you can just sit back and look and see who your real friends are. Because lots of people pretend to be your friend but are not, I'm just saying, "Observe" and you can tell who the real ones are and who is just a counterfeit.
In other words, hate me all you want, try to start a crusade and try to recruit others to hate me. I couldn't care less, if there's one thing we can agree on is that I am not a fake friend collector.
I'm no longer surprised nor offended by individuals who use my life story for their pleasure. Remember Karma! Everything that meant for harm for you will return to sender ten-fold. Now keep looking up and not around.